If you want to make a dramatic transformation to the way you look and feel, you may have thought about dermal fillers. Sometimes called injectables, these are an excellent choice if you want to smooth away wrinkles and achieve a younger look without surgery.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Fillers do just as their name suggests. They fill in sagging, wrinkled areas and plump them up. They return your skin to a firm, youthful look. Many people use dermal fillers as an alternative to plastic surgery, for a number of good reasons:
- Procedures can take as little as 30 minutes each.
- There is little to no downtime or recovery.
- You can continue your normal activities.
- Results are immediate and lasting.
What are Fillers Made From?
Many of today’s fillers are made with natural ingredients that your body produces. They are absorbed into your body with ease. Here are some of the most popular product types:
- Hyaluronic Acid – a naturally-occurring ingredient that is frequently used in skin care and anti-wrinkle treatments, hyaluronic acid allows your skin to retain moisture for a young, plumped-up look. Hyaluronic acid keeps your skin elastic and smooth. Some well-known hyaluronic acid fillers include Belotero Balance®, Juvederm®, and Restylane®.
- Silicone – Silicone-based wrinkle fillers use a silicone base to carry synthetic wrinkle fillers into your skin. One of the best-known silicone fillers available on the market is Sculptra®.
How Long Will the Procedure Take?
Most filler procedures take 30 minutes or less. Before the procedure, you and your treatment provider will discuss the areas you want to treat and the results you expect. Your medical professional will then safely administer a fresh quantity of the serum. There is minimal to zero downtime or recovery as there is with surgery. You’ll be able to return to most of your normal activities right away.
Where Can You Use Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers can tackle a number of regions you may wish to touch up. Some popular approaches include:
- Erasing crow’s feet near the eyes.
- Filling the nasolabial folds, also known as “marionette wrinkles.”
- Adding volume to your cheeks.
- Plumping up thin, wrinkled lips.
- Treating dark circles under your eyes.
- Filling in scars, especially acne scars.
The results of most dermal filler treatments last from six months to a year. This will depend on the condition of your skin and the type of filler used.
Dermal fillers are a safe, long-lasting alternative to surgery that will take years off your face. They can be used anywhere you want to increase volume and fill wrinkles. If you’re ready to look younger today, reach out to the staff at VitaNovu and schedule a consultation to learn what dermal fillers can do for you. Our office is conveniently located in Boise, ID. Contact us to set up your appointment today!